Frequently Asked Questions
1. What exactly is "Avsar"?
AVSAR on the primary note is a B-Plan competition , initiated by the incubation cell of BVIMR, New Delhi. It also includes an incubation and training program for development of the young entrepreneurs.
2. What are the Terms and Conditions for "AVSAR"?
The following are the Terms and Conditions for “AVSAR”:
By registering for this competition, it shall be deemed that each individual of the participating team has agreed to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
Terms regarding confidentiality
• By registering to participate in “AVSAR”, each participating team agrees to allow BVMIR to use their names, images and information regarding the team's idea, and prize information in publicity and marketing efforts throughout the world.
• Each participating team must agree to accept that their registration form and other entries will not be returned to them, and accept that their personal data will be available for information and statistical purposes.
Terms regarding Intellectual Property
• The participating team shall ensure that their ideas do not infringe upon the intellectual property or any legal or moral right of any person or entity.
• BVMIR reserves the right to disqualify or prohibit from participating in “AVSAR” any team that makes a submission that, in the sole discretion of BVMIR, does not confirm with the Eligibility Criteria or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions and/ or the Competition Rules.
• By entering the competition, each team and its individual members agree to accept as final, any decisions of BVMIR including determination of the winners of “AVSAR”.
• BVMIR shall have the discretion to initiate appropriate action against participating teams including individuals of such participating teams in case of any losses or damages arising from violation of the Eligibility Criteria, Competition Rules and the Terms & Conditions
3. Any alternative mode for the payment of registration fee?
The primary mode of payment is going to be PayTM but for those who don’t have the same are required to report an hour early on 18th December for On The Spot Registrations.
4. What is the participation criteria for "AVSAR"?
“AVSAR” is the latest initiative by the incubation cell of BVIMR, New Delhi. Taking the conventional B-Plan competition to the next level, “AVSAR” is more of an Entrepreneurship Development Program.
The participation criteria for “AVSAR” is:
• Team Size: Maximum 2
• Background of Participants: Should be Students from any background.
• Reach of Event: National Event
• Registrations at : Avsar 2018: B Plan Competition & Mentoring Program (BVIMR Incubator Cells Initiative)
5. Can only Delhi students enrol for "AVSAR"?
“AVSAR” the latest initiative by the incubation cell of BVIMR, New Delhi is a national event and hence participants can be from any state.
Also, it is open to all types of students with a unique business idea.
6. What makes "Avsar" different from the conventional B-Plan competition?
In the conventional competitions, participants end up portraying only their presentation skills whereas in “AVSAR” they get a chance to bootstrap and actually start their own businesses and convert their concepts into reality.
Not only this, the conventional competitions don’t allow you to raise funds on the spot whereas the finalists of “AVSAR” will get a chance to raise funds up to Rs.10 lacs.
7. Who will be giving training to the participants of "Avsar"?
As a participant of “AVSAR” the B-Plan Competition and Incubation Program,you will be getting training under two types of mentors-
• Industrial Experts
• Faculty Mentors
• Experienced Professionals
the screening of these trainers will be done thoroughly in order to maximize the learning of the participants.
8. Is "Avsar" only meant for MBA students
No, “AVSAR” is an open platform and its not limited to only MBA students.
Any student, Graduate or Post-Graduate and from any field can participate in the competition. They just need to have a unique business idea.